Become a Fellow
God is calling visionary leaders to launch Christ-centered schools.
Spreading Hope Network seeks aspiring leaders of new schools who are interested in gaining access to the supports necessary to take an inspired dream for a new, sustainable, high performing Christ-centered school.
We do not expect fellows candidates to have a fully formed school start-up proposal (replete with academic, strategic and business plans) but only a deep sense of calling and interest, and planned launch date at least 18 months from initial application.
Fellows Application Deadlines
September 1, 2018: First application deadline
December 1, 2018: Second application deadline
March 1, 2019: Third application deadline
How it Works:
1. Applying — You complete our Fellows application, and have a phone interview with a member of Spreading Hope Network.
2. Equipping — We host you for an on-site visit and give you guided reading and resources to start you on your journey.
3. Assessing — We provide a visionary leader screening and strategic launch assessment that is tailored to your school.
4. Preparing — We provide logistical advice and direction in assembling your school’s launch team.
Spreading Hope fellows receive a $25K-40K value of consulting services over the course of 4-12 months. This process is designed to help you in discerning your calling and strategic preparedness. The fellowship includes:
- One- to two-days hosted at Hope Academy, with Hope leadership
- A visionary leadership assessment
- Training on Hope Academy’s approach to governance, sustainable funding (our Partner Sponsorship Program), parent engagement, classroom instruction, faith formation and access to school materials.
- Guided reading during your fellowship may include books such as Russ Gregg, The Mark of God & Our Education Crisis (Ebook); John Perkins, Dream With Me; Brian Fikkert, When Helping Hurts; James K.A. Smith, Desiring the Kingdom; Geno Wickman, Traction.
- For those applying for our Founders Program, a Spreading Hope rep will conduct a feasibility assessment of your strategic preparedness for launch.
Qualities of a Fellow:
- Deeply committed and driven to pursue biblical justice
- Visionary and theologically astute thinker
- Committed to continuous educational improvement
- A strong communicator with charisma and public speaking experience
- Cultural competence and experience in multi-ethnic settings, able to build strong relationships with all stakeholders
Hope Academy is a flagship for our Christian schools. The development and growth of Christian schools like Hope Academy is so encouraging. CSI is excited by the school planting efforts of the Spreading Hope team.Jeff Blamer
I am so thankful for Hope Academy and the Spreading Hope team. We started our school for low income urban youth in 2014 and are now serving nearly 80 students in grades K-5. I simply can’t imagine where we would be without their support and direction.Doug Fern